I used a medium weight green linen and lined it with a light weight green linen very close to the same color...maybe just a half shade difference. I've had the fabric so long that I felt no guilt in using the relatively expensive handkerchief linen as lining. Normally I would have thought "Not my good stuff for lining". Additionally, I had a heavier weight white linen for the pants. I really enjoyed making this one. I'm glad I took time to think about this before I rushed in to do it. I carefully took my measurements and compared them to the finished measurements by actually measuring seamline to seamline and factoring in comfort ease. Since I spent all of my sewing time this winter on various knit projects, I was sure I needed to consider using this new pattern for the pants. This rapidly changing figure is becoming a real challenge. However, taking the time to measure and prepare muslins for new patterns is really worth the effort. This was a hard lesson for me to learn as I was always, always in a hurry before I retired and discovered slow leisurely sewing and the success and satisfaction it brings. I even marked "for woven fabric only" on the muslin, so not to get it confused with others. Well here is the finished product:
Since this was a very successful project, you know I'll more than likely do it a couple of more times, or until I mess it up. That usually gets me to go on to another project.